The Huanqiu Shibao has been storing up all kinds of fascinating photo galleries of late. Here are some of the more interesting, with minimal commentary.
– Foreigners view North Korea – Set up in March 2009, this series of photos has about 137 comments from netizens;
– China reveals new research on comfort women in China, in a series of fascinating and valuable photos bringing to mind that December 2009 has been a rather active time for WWII and Nanking-related commemorations; scholars, filmmakers, and civil society is churning ahead with ostensibly “anti-Japanese” work while the CCP strives to tone it down, mostly:
– Except for these insanely graphic photos of Chinese disemboweled by inhuman Japanese [seriously disturbing]
– Who then go on to, in horrifying sentence fragments, give Japanese soldier rape testimonials [bad news all around: is a testimony of a crime committed a form of apology?]
– But fortunately Huanqiu goes cultural with “Japan’s Most Hated 7 Chinese Stars“
– And then brings us back to Chosun with some very, very simplistic use of architecture as evidence of Korea’s derivative nature.